Who am I
My website address is: https://www.theburrowcottingham.co.uk
My contact details:
Name: Sue Wong
Address: My full address will be given out directly to prospective clients
Phone Number: 07598237236
What type of information I have
I currently collect and process the following information:
- Name and contact details: email, telephone, address.
- GP name and address
- Medications taken
- Emergency contact name and phone number
- Brief session notes
- Tapes of sessions and sometimes transcripts of parts of sessions
- Emails/text messages
How I get the information and why I have it
The personal information I process is provided to me directly by you for one, or more, of the following reasons:
- For use in emergency should the need arise
- For training/supervision purposes
- To inform treatment direction
- Agreed out of session contact
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases I rely on for processing this information are:
(a) Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting: Sue Wong, The Burrow Counselling and Psychotherapy, by post - address given on request. Or by email at: email@example.com
(b) I have a vital interest.
I may share this information with:
- In the event of an emergency, or the need for referral due to safeguarding concerns, I may share some identifying information with relevant agencies, including, but not limited to, Medical personnel, social care personnel, Police.
- In the rare event of notes being subpoenaed by the court I may share session notes, but usually in discussion with both you and my supervisor before releasing the notes.
How I store your information
- Your information is securely stored either in a locked filing cabinet (paper copies) or, for electronic information, in password protected files on a password protected external hard drive, accessed via a password protected laptop.
- I keep notes and personal information for 8 years following treatment end. I will then dispose of your information by deleting electronic data from hard drives, shredding paper copies.
- Contact details on mobile devices and computer will be deleted once treatment has concluded.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access - You have the right to ask me for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask me to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask me to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask me to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask me to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing - You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that I transfer the information you gave me to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, I have one month to respond to you.
Please contact me at Sue Wong, The Burrow Counselling and Psychotherapy, by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how I have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Updated 20.04.2020 In Response to Covid-19 Guidance from UKCP
During Covid-19 crisis while face to face working is not possible, I will be seeing all clients via zoom, an online video conferencing platform. All sessions will return to face to face once it is possible to do that.
Sessions are encrypted by zoom for privacy and security.
I will keep the same information as above, no names are used to identify clients in settings of zoom.
No video recordings are taken by either client or myself though I will continue, as per T&C document to record sessions using a digital voice recorder, recordings will be kept in accordance with privacy notice and T&C document.